Update: the nominations are in! The shortlist of nominated teachers is as follows…
- Jacqueline Campbell (Linlithgow Academy)
- Alison Cowie (Portobello High School)
- Sinead Flanigan (Uddingston Grammar)
- Hilary Gorman (Harrysmuir Primary School)
- Tony Harkins (St Aloysius’ College)
- Jason Pitt (Fettes College)
- Shona McAlpine and Michael Mullin (Stirling High School)
Our own Toni Scullion (dressCode/St Kentigern’s Academy) was also nominated (more than once!) but recused herself from the Advisory Board vote.
And the winner is: Sinead Flanigan (Uddingston Grammar)! Congratulations Mrs Flanigan – a hamper full of goodies, courtesy of our friends at Virgin Media Business is on its way to you!
Do you know a teacher in Scotland who has gone the extra mile to encourage girls to get into computing?
Perhaps someone who’s inspired their female pupils in class, run a coding club for girls, or simply had some extra words of encouragement for a female pupil with an interest in computers?
Thanks to our friends at Virgin Media Business, the winner will receive a hamper filled with the goodies below as a prize:
- Prosecco Spumante Brut
- El Molturo Tempranillo 75cl
- El Monturo Sauvignon Blanc 75cl
- Butlers Medium Ballotin
- C&B Cheese Wafers
- LavAzza Intenso Coffee
- C&B English Breakfast Tea
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn
- Strawberry Preserve
- Madeira Loaf Cake
- C&B Chocolate Wafer Crispies
- Beetroot and Red Onion Chutney
- Smoked Cheddar
- Shortbread Fingers
- Epicure Duck and Orange Pate
- Buttermilk Chocolate Fudge
- Flapjack Bites
- Lemon and Lime Marmalade
- Peanut Crackers
- Dark Chocolate with Mango
- Nominations close midnight on Friday 30 October.
- You can’t nominate yourself!
- Hamper may only be delivered to a school in Scotland.
- The winner will be chosen by members of the Ada Scotland Festival Advisory Board.