Update: The nominations are in! The shortlist of nominated teachers is as follows…
- Jacqueline Campbell – Linlithgow Academy
- Graeme Colley – Arbroath Academy
- Ms Craig – St. Thomas Aquinas RC Secondary School
- Mr Gibson – Shawlands Academy
- Fraser Christie – St Paul’s RC Academy
- Maggie Tuohy – Douglas Academy
- Mrs Mitchell – Mearns Primary School
And the winner of the Ada Scotland Inspiring Teacher Award 2021 is…
Jacqueline Campbell at Linlithgow Academy
Congratulations Ms Campbell! A hamper of ethically-sourced goodies is on its way to you now, courtesy of our sponsors, VeryConnect, Morgan Stanley, and Autorek. Here’s a flavour of what those nominations said…
Ms Campbell always looks out for girls who love computing and mentors them.
Ms Campbell encourages all students to get into computing and follow their strengths. She was a big inspiration for me and has always been there for me, even years after I stopped being her pupil!
Definitely an inspiration for women in CS.
She was the main reason I finished school and got into computer security.
Do you know a teacher in Scotland who has gone the extra mile to encourage girls to get into computing?
Perhaps someone who’s inspired their female pupils in class, run a coding club for girls, or simply had some extra words of encouragement for a female pupil with an interest in computers?
If so, please nominate them for the Ada Scotland Inspiring Teacher Award 2021!
Thanks to our sponsors, we are delighted to be able to offer a hamper full of ethically-sourced goodies to the winner of this year’s award – get nominating!
- Nominations close midnight on
Friday 19 NovemberFriday 3 December.
- You can’t nominate yourself!
- Hamper may only be delivered to a school in Scotland.
- The winner will be chosen by members of the Ada Scotland Festival Advisory Board.