This notice concerns information submitted by partners and supporters. Here is the privacy notice for the video competition.
Your Personal Data
The University of Glasgow will be what’s known as the ‘Data Controller’ of your personal data collected and processed in relation to the Ada Scotland Festival. This Privacy Notice explains how the University and Festival team will process your personal data.
Why we need it
- We are collecting some basic personal data (e.g. contact details) as part of the Ada Scotland Festival, for the purpose of promoting the festival and welcoming people into computing, for example through the content you send about your organisation/ initiative.
- We may also use data for evaluating the Festival.
- We will only collect data that we need in order to fulfil and oversee this.
Legal basis for processing your data
We need to process your data in order to run the festival (Article 6(1): b)
More detail about this from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What we do with it and who we share it with
All the personal data you submit (such as your email address) is processed by the Ada Scotland Festival (staff at the University of Glasgow and Edinburgh Napier University in the UK). This is not shared.
We may use contact information to evaluate the project and for related research.
Content you send us for the Ada Scot website will be published on the website. We may also use this to promote your organisation and associated events through our social channels.
How long do we keep it for?
We may hold onto your data, including showing your content on our website, for up to 5 years. We may retain a list of the Festival’s partners for up to 10 years.
What are your rights?
- You can request access to the information we process about you at any time.
- You can ask us to correct or remove (delete) the information at any time.
- For access, updates, corrections, or removal, please contact email@example.com
Questions or complaints
- If you have any questions relating to way we are planning to use your information please contact: Dr Matthew Barr: Matthew.Barr@glasgow.ac.uk
- If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the University Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).