This notice concerns information submitted by partners, supporters, and people who take part in our activities or attend our events.
Your Personal Data
Ada Scotland Festival will be the Data Controller of your personal data collected and processed in relation to the Ada Scotland Festival. This Privacy Notice explains how the Ada Scot team will process your personal data.
Why we need it
- We are collecting some basic personal data (e.g. contact details) as part of the Ada Scotland Festival, for the purpose of promoting the festival and welcoming people into computing, for example through the content partners send about your organisation/ initiative.
- We also collect some personal data to manage activities and events and to send you newsletters if you have signed up.
- We also collect some data for evaluating the Festival. This is required as part of our membership of the UK Science Festivals Network and we will only anonymised data.
Legal basis for processing your data
We need to process your data in order to run the Festival (Article 6(1): b)
More detail about this from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What we do with it and who we share it with
- All the personal data you submit (such as your email address) is processed by the Ada Scotland Festival. We may use contact information to evaluate the project and for related research.
- Content you send us for the Ada Scot website will be published on the website. We may also use this to promote your organisation and associated events through our social channels.
- Most of our activities and events are run in partnership. Where partners are collecting additional information, for example to contact you or obtain consent, we ask them to describe how they will look after your data (for example on the Eventbrite page).
How long do we keep it for?
We may hold onto your data, including showing your content on our website, for up to 5 years. We may retain a list of the Festival’s partners for up to 10 years.
What are your rights?
- You can request access to the information we process about you at any time.
- You can ask us to correct or remove (delete) the information at any time.
- For access, updates, corrections, or removal, please contact email@example.com
Questions or complaints
- If you have any questions relating to way we are planning to use your information, or if you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).