This notice concerns the video competition. Here is the privacy notice for information submitted by partners and supporters.
Your Personal Data
Edinburgh Napier University and Glasgow University will be the Data Controllers of your personal data collected and processed in relation to the Ada Scotland Festival. This Privacy Notice explains how the Universities and Festival team will process your personal data.
Why we need it
- We are collecting some basic personal data (e.g. contact details) as part of the Ada Scotland Festival, for the purpose of promoting the festival and welcoming people into computing, for example through the competition videos.
- We may also use data for evaluating the Festival and for related research.
- We will only collect data that we need in order to fulfil and oversee this.
Legal basis for processing your data
We are relying on your consent to process your personal data when you submit your competition entry, as it will include a video. Under-18s entering the competition will need to also provide a parent/guardian’s consent for us to process your personal data.
What we do with it and who we share it with
All the personal data you submit (such as your email address) is processed by the Ada Scotland Festival (staff at the University of Glasgow and Edinburgh Napier University in the UK). This is not shared.
Any video, audio, or images you send to us may be published on YouTube, on our website and on our social media channels.
The content of the videos may also be used for research. Only anonymised content (e.g. quotes from transcripts) will be published.
How long do we keep it for?
We may hold onto your data, including showing your videos on our website, for up to 5 years. However, some videos, may be kept for up to 10 years as an archive of the Festival.
What are your rights?
- You can request access to the information we process about you at any time.
- You can ask us to correct or remove your personal information at any time, but we may not be able to delete anonymised data (e.g. quotes from videos).
- For access, updates, corrections, or removal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or complaints
- If you have any questions relating to way we are planning to use your information please contact: Dr Ella Taylor-Smith email@example.com
- If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact Edinburgh Napier University’s Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).