Please check the info below, before completing the submission form. Thanks.
Eligibility: Who can enter?
- Girls in Scottish schools.
- Female students studying computing subjects (including IT and Digital Media) in Scottish colleges, or universities; also includes apprentices.
- Teams of 1 to 4 people. Each team can submit as many entries as there are people in the team.
- Each team needs a name -even if it is a one-person team.
Video length, format, title
- Length: max 3 minutes.
- Format: MP4 or MPEG4.
- Title: your team name, plus a number if you’re submitting more than one. E.g. myTeam1.mp4
- Please do not include any personal information in the video (such as your full name or the name of your school).
- You do not need to appear in your video, if you don’t want to.
- You are welcome to create voice overs and/or animations or use Adobe Spark.
- Is your video something you’d want your family, friends, or future employer to watch? Once a video has been posted, you never know who might see it. If it’s copied or reposted, you can’t remove every copy.
Application, privacy, and consent
- We will need an application form from each team member, because the application form includes consent for us to publish your video.
- For under 18s, the application form will also need consent from a parent or guardian.
- Please read our privacy statement and make sure you understand what will happen to your video etc.
- Submissions open Monday 25th January 2021.
- The deadline for entries is Friday 5th February 2021.
- We will announce the winners on 8th March 2021, International Women’s Day.
- Turing’s Testers (Cyber Evangelist of the Year, 2019; Outstanding Women in Cyber 2018) will judge videos created by college/uni teams.
- Jane Morrison-Ross (CEO ScotlandIS, Digital Leaders Local Champion 2020) will lead the judging of videos from school teams.
- The judges’ decision is final.
How to submit
- Here is the online application form.
- Each member needs to complete the online form. If you are under-18, your parent or guardian will also need to complete the form.
- Don’t send the videos by email. When we have your application forms, we’ll send you the info about uploading your videos.
Email Ella: email@example.com